Fostering - Rabbit Foster Carer
Rabbit Foster Carer
We are looking for foster carers that can house the rabbits indoors, in their home.
Would you like to help a pet that doesn’t have its own home? Would you like a rabbit but are not in a position to give long term commitment?
Blue Cross is looking for committed people who can offer indoor foster home to pets in need, in their own homes.
What you will be doing:
- Caring for Blue Cross pets in your own home until they can be rehomed.
- Helping to continue to rehome pets in Hertfordshire, while our centre is closed for refurbishment.
- You will be providing all the care they need – feeding, cleaning, socialising and giving medication.
- Keeping accurate records, monitoring health, taking photos and videos for the pet’s rehoming profile.
- Attending vet visits when requested – some pets may have ongoing veterinary treatment, others may need just one trip.
What we are looking for:
- Experience of caring for rabbits, including experience of their housing, handling and feeding requirements.
- Located within 45 minutes travel time from our centre.
- An indoor space, secure to house the foster pet, away from other pets and loud noises. This must be large enough to meet our rabbit accommodation size requirements of 8ft x 6ft.
- Have your own transport.
- Willingness to learn and follow Blue Cross procedures.
- Flexibility to attend vet and rehoming appointments, these may be midweek.
Use of video calling application (such as zoom, skype, whatsapp video), and ability to send videos and photos via whatsapp.
Benefits to you:
- You’ll be helping pets to have happy, healthy lives.
- Enjoy all the joys of pet ownership without long term commitment and cost.
- Gain practical skills and experience.
- Join a great team of like-minded people.
- Arrangements will be made for holidays.
All equipment provided and costs covered.
This opportunity is available at: Hertfordshire Rehoming Centre, Kimpton Bottom, Nr Hitchin, SG4 8EU.
- Age group Must be at least 18 and older
- Do you live within 45 minutes travelling time of a Blue Cross rehoming centre or hospital? Must be at least Yes