Fundraising events - Fundraising Chairperson
Are you outgoing and enjoy interacting with people? Do you enjoy attending local shows and events? Blue Cross is looking for a reliable and friendly volunteer to chair our existing fundraising group and promote our work in the local area.
What you will be doing:
- Leading and working alongside the fundraising group to achieve income targets.
- Attend and hold events in the local area to promote the work of the Blue Cross
- Tell people about Blue Cross encourage them to visit or support us
- Setting an agreed income target for the year with the Community Fundraiser
- Creating fundraising opportunities with local businesses, community groups and key individuals.
- Talking to individuals and groups of people about the work of Blue Cross.
- Developing good links with local press, ensuring Blue Cross press team are involved.
- Representing Blue Cross at events.
- Writing correspondence regarding fundraising on behalf of Blue Cross.
- Processing income.
What we are looking for:
- Excellent customer care skills
- Good communication skills and confident talking to the public
- Happy to work alone or with others
- Friendly and approachable manner
- Experience of motivating and inspiring people.
- Be able to forge links within the community.
- Good organisational skills.
- Comfortable with cash handling.
- Ability to negotiate.
- Access to transport.
Benefits to you:
- You’ll be helping pets to have happy, healthy lives
- Gain practical skills and experience
- Training including Guest customer care and full briefing on the work of Blue Cross
- Have fun and get involved with a range of local events
- Join a great team of like-minded people
- Enhance your CV
Time commitment is flexible for this role
- Age group Must be at least 18 and older
- Fundraising induction Must be at least Completed