Fundraising - Collection box area coordinator
Collection Box Coordinator
Are you outgoing and enjoy interacting with people? Blue Cross is looking for reliable and friendly volunteers to help manage Blue Cross collection boxes in our local area. The role will involve cash handling and developing relationships within your local community.
What you will be doing:
- Finding new locations for Blue Cross collection boxes
- Obtaining written permission from the relevant owner/manager for each new box placed
- Registering the location and individual number of each box on the fundraising database
- Being responsible for all of the paperwork and agreeing a reasonable time frame to check empty the collection box.
- Emptying each box up to three times a year, counting the money and completing the associated paperwork.
- Paying the money collected into the bank and issuing thank you certificates
What we are looking for:
- Excellent customer care skills
- Good communication skills and confident talking to the public about the clinic
- Happy to work alone or with others
- Friendly and approachable manner
- Willingness to learn about
the work of Blue Cross
Benefits to you:
- You’ll be helping pets to have happy, healthy lives
- Gain practical skills and experience
- Training including Guest customer care and full briefing on the work of Blue Cross
- Join a great team of like-minded people
- Enhance your CV
Time commitment is flexible for this role. Contact Sarah.Washington@bluecross.org.uk for more information