Crossing Guards - Crossing Guard - Safe Routes to Schools (SRTS)
The Safe Routes To School program is now accepting applications for elementary school Volunteer crossing guards. SRTS is looking for individuals 18 years of age and older to serve as Crossing Guards at elementary schools in West Roseville.
Why volunteer as a School Crossing Guard? “The Presence of adult crossing guards can lead to more parents feeling comfortable about their children walking or bicycling to school”.
- Help Children cross the street safely
- Remind drivers of the presence of pedestrians.
- Be a role model for children.
- Get to know and give back to your community.
- Meet other volunteers and the staff that make Roseville the great city it is.
To get started today, register with SRTS by clicking the sign up button or call Rebecca Espenshade at 916-774-5351. All training and equipment will be provided.
- Degree of Supervision Must be at least Minimal, limited or minimum
- Proficient in bicycle maintenance Must be at least Not applicable
- Typing/Keyboard Must be at least Not required
- Walking Must be at least Moderate level of activity
- Work pace Must be at least Adhere to schedule