Alternative Transportation - Bike/Walk Ambassador
The Bike/Walk Ambassador will assist Public Works staff by providing information to the public to improve public awareness of bicycling and walking programs as well as bicycle and pedestrian safety issues in Roseville.
Volunteer duties may include one or more of the following:
- Bike or walk around and near schools within Roseville during school commute hours to assist students and parents as they bike or walk to and from school;
- Bike or walk on city multi-use trails and through parks to promote bicycling and walking which may include providing verbal or written pedestrian, bicycle or trails information and answer questions to the public;
- Encourage and reward safe bicycling and pedestrian behavior, and as needed provide “Free Bike Helmet” Coupons to children riding their bicycle without helmets, if they don’t own a helmet;
- On occasion, assist at fun community events to support, encourage and engage bicyclists (including such events as Earth Day, May is Bike Month, Energizer Stations, Smart Cycling Clinics, Roseville Bikefest and School Walk/Bike assemblies and rodeos);
- As requested, assist with surveys that document bike and pedestrian characteristics on trails and at schools; and
- As needed, provide feedback and knowledge that is gained in the field, to city staff, so staff can resolve issues and meet the community’s needs.
- Degree of Supervision Must be at least Medium, moderate, general or normal
- Proficient in bicycle maintenance Must be at least Basic
- Walking Must be at least MIld level of activity
- Work pace Must be at least Work at own pace
This activity generally occurs on
- Monday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening
- Tuesday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening
- Wednesday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening
- Thursday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening
- Friday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening
- Saturday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening
- Sunday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyImpactPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account