Admin - Finance Support Volunteer
PROGRAM NAME: Finance
POSITION TITLE: Finance Support
SCHEDULE: Flexible hours from Monday – Friday, 830am – 4pm. Temporary until project complete.
LOCATION: 2420 Montrose Avenue
REPORTS TO: Program Supervisor
Come help us with a short project we have in our Finance Department! We are looking for someone with experience in accounting and a desire to help our community. The project will be very detailed-oriented, on a computer and repetitive, but we promise our Finance team is ready to welcome you and is a fun team to get to know!
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Use a computer and appropriate software to run reports in our old accounting system
- Meticulously filter data in online reports
Education and Certification:
- A criminal record check is required to volunteer with Archway. This is provided for free.
- Experience using accounting software is an asset.
Knowledge and Skill Set
- The ideal volunteer for this position is meticulous, detail-oriented, and proficient with computers.
- This position will be onsite at 2420 Montrose Avenue, hours are flexible.
- Adherence to Archway guidelines.
- Accountability and Dependability: Takes personal ownership and responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work commitments. Follows organizational guidelines, professional standards, regulations and principles. Demonstrates reliability and integrity on a daily basis. Reliable and dependable in performing job-related tasks, finishing assigned projects, meeting deadlines and appointments. Communicates delays in work and renegotiates deadlines in a timely manner.
- Communication: Respectfully listens to others to gain a full understanding of issues; comprehends written material; presents information in a clear and concise manner orally and in writing to ensure others understand his/her ideas; appropriately adapts his/her message, style, and tone to accommodate a variety of audiences. Expressing and transmitting information with consistency and clarity, using active listening techniques in order to effectively understand provided feedback, summarizing information according to the audience in order to increase understanding.
- Ethics, Integrity, Confidentiality, and Trust: Models and promotes honesty and integrity within and with others. Takes the right action at the right time and in a manner that complies with the processes and procedures of the organization and the law. Demonstrates effective discretion, builds rapport with others and maintains confidentiality. Displays honesty and transparency that exhibits the values and mission of the workplace.
- Valuing Diversity and Inclusion: Appreciating and leveraging the capabilities, insights, and ideas of all individuals. Working effectively with individuals of diverse style, ability, and motivation. Seeking to be inclusive of all abilities, cultures, and backgrounds; challenging exclusionary practices.
- Professionalism: Behaves with fairness and consistency in communication, daily interactions, and decision-making. Shares information and ideas with others in a collaborative manner. Maintaining consistent lines of communication with manager, supervisor, team members and clients communicating deadlines, issues, status updates, and successes. Maintaining appropriate interpersonal relationships and boundaries with staff and clients.
- Are you willing to complete a Criminal Record Check? Must be Yes
- I will be reliable, prompt and notigy my supervisor if I am unable to complete a scheduled shift Must be Yes
- I will be respectful to staff, patrons and fellow volunteers at all times. Must be Yes
- I will maintain a high commitment to my personal health and safety and that of my fellow volunteers and will report any incident to my supervisor Must be Yes