Legal Advocacy for Agricultural Farmworkers - Migrant Agricultural Workers Support
PROGRAM NAME: Legal Advocacy for Agricultural Workers
POSITION TITLE: Migrant Agricultural Workers Support
REPORTS TO: Spanish Legal Advocate
PREREQUISITES: Bilingual: English & Spanish
We are looking for individuals that can help our migrant workers feel welcome in Canada. We all need some help in our lives, make a difference, and come be part of our team.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist migrant workers with translations (medical, banking, government agencies, etc.…) over the phone or in person.
- Assist with food hampers (pick-up and delivery)
- Assist migrant worker with any emergencies (flood, heat waves, fire, etc.…)
- Set-up and takedown for local community events.
- Assist with packing items to Welcome Backpacks and delivering them to the farms.