Community Van Program - On-Call Volunteer Driver: June 5 - 10, 2023
PROGRAM NAME: Community Van Program
POSITION TITLE: On-call volunteer driver
SCHEDULE: Monday-Saturday (June 5-10, 2023)
LOCATION: City of Abbotsford – Senior's Week
REPORTS TO: Community Van Coordinator
The Community Van Program is a multi-agency initiative that strives to fill in the gap for transportation in Abbotsford for older adults. The volunteer driver will help seniors in Abbotsford attend various Senior’s Week activities throughout the week of June 5, 2023.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ability to help client with their assistive mobility equipment when getting in and out of the vehicle
- Ensure the client has arrived at destination safely and in a timely manner
Education and Certification:
- Class 5 driver's license
- Emergency First Aid certificate
- Clean Criminal Record Check
- Experience working with seniors is an asset
- Experience driving clients is an asset
Knowledge and Skill Set
- Strong communication skills
- Strong driving skills
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to carry conversations and care for clients who may experience memory challenges or other various mental or physical abilities
- Accountability and Dependability: Takes personal ownership and responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work commitments. Follows organizational guidelines, professional standards, regulations and principles. Demonstrates reliability and integrity on a daily basis. Reliable and dependable in performing job-related tasks, finishing assigned projects, meeting deadlines and appointments. Communicates delays in work and renegotiates deadlines in a timely manner.
- Communication: Respectfully listens to others to gain a full understanding of issues; comprehends written material; presents information in a clear and concise manner orally and in writing to ensure others understand his/her ideas; appropriately adapts his/her message, style, and tone to accommodate a variety of audiences. Expressing and transmitting information with consistency and clarity, using active listening techniques in order to effectively understand provided feedback, summarizing information according to the audience in order to increase understanding.
- Ethics, Integrity, Confidentiality, and Trust: Models and promotes honesty and integrity within and with others. Takes the right action at the right time and in a manner that complies with the processes and procedures of the organization and the law. Demonstrates effective discretion, builds rapport with others and maintains confidentiality. Displays honesty and transparency that exhibits the values and mission of the workplace.
- Valuing Diversity and Inclusion: Appreciating and leveraging the capabilities, insights, and ideas of all individuals. Working effectively with individuals of diverse style, ability, and motivation. Seeking to be inclusive of all abilities, cultures, and backgrounds; challenging exclusionary practices.
- Professionalism: Behaves with fairness and consistency in communication, daily interactions, and decision-making. Shares information and ideas with others in a collaborative manner. Maintaining consistent lines of communication with manager, supervisor, team members and clients communicating deadlines, issues, status updates, and successes. Maintaining appropriate interpersonal relationships and boundaries with staff and clients.
- Are you willing to complete a Criminal Record Check? Must be Yes
- Code of Ethics Must be Code ethics
- First Aid Certificate Must be First Aid Certificate
- I already have, or are willing to obtain, basic first aid. Must be Yes
- I will be respectful to staff, clients and other volunteers Must be Yes
- I will maintain a high commitment to my personal health and safety and that of fellow volunteers, staff and clients. And will report any incident to my supervisor. Must be Yes
- I will reliable, prompt and notify my supervisor if I am unable to complete my scheduled shift. Must be Yes
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyImpactPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account