Delish - Volunteer Cook & Caterer
PROGRAM NAME: Delish Catering
POSITION TITLE: Volunteer Cook and Caterer
SCHEDULE: Varied, based on order requests
LOCATION: Archway kitchen, Sevenoaks Alliance Church kitchen, and event sites within the Abbotsford area
REPORTS TO: Delish Catering Coordinator
The Volunteer Cook and Caterer will assist the catering team in the planning, preparing, and cooking of menu items for catering events. This volunteer position is an opportunity to learn or grow your experience in some of the duties and responsibilities associated with being a cook and caterer.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Compiling grocery lists and assisting with shopping for catering events.
- Prepping the kitchen before preparation of meals.
- Maintaining a clean kitchen at all times.
- Ensuring the workstation areas are properly cleaned as per the guidelines for health and safety and food safety.
- Ensuring proper procedures are followed for food preparation regarding time and temperature.
- Collaborating with the Catering Coordinator/Supervisor for cooking and handling of foods.
- Attending staff meetings (when available).
- Learning to prepare menu items as per clients’ orders.
- Assisting with marketing and promoting the Delish Catering services and distributing various marketing and program materials to clients.
- Assisting with the organization of Delish tasting events.
- Assisting the Catering Coordinator having on-site food orders ready for pick up.
- Delivering catering orders, as needed.
- Assisting with the set-up of catering events.
- Ensuring beverages are set up at events (coffee, tea, water dispensers)
- Packing up dishes and supplies after events are finished.
Education and Certification:
- High school completion is an asset with ability to have basic communication in English.
- Basic cooking experience.
Knowledge and Skill Set
- Desire to learn new flavours and cooking techniques.
- Knowledge in the use of kitchen equipment.
- Knowledge of basic food safety and food handling procedures.
- Ability to keep workstation tidy and clean.
- Willingness to work flexible hours (including early mornings, evenings and weekends)
- Able to withstand long hours of standing, bending and moving around.
- Ability to be exposed to a variety of ingredients (including nuts) that may cause allergies.
- Ability to regularly lift up to 50 lbs.
- A satisfactory Criminal Records Check is a condition of volunteering.
- Accountability and Dependability: Takes personal ownership and responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work commitments. Follows organizational guidelines, professional standards, regulations and principles. Demonstrates reliability and integrity on a daily basis. Reliable and dependable in performing job-related tasks, finishing assigned projects, meeting deadlines and appointments. Communicates delays in work and renegotiates deadlines in a timely manner.
- Communication: Respectfully listens to others to gain a full understanding of issues; comprehends written material; presents information in a clear and concise manner orally and in writing to ensure others understand his/her ideas; appropriately adapts his/her message, style, and tone to accommodate a variety of audiences. Expressing and transmitting information with consistency and clarity, using active listening techniques in order to effectively understand provided feedback, summarizing information according to the audience in order to increase understanding.
- Ethics, Integrity, Confidentiality, and Trust: Models and promotes honesty and integrity within and with others. Takes the right action at the right time and in a manner that complies with the processes and procedures of the organization and the law. Demonstrates effective discretion, builds rapport with others and maintains confidentiality. Displays honesty and transparency that exhibits the values and mission of the workplace.
- Valuing Diversity and Inclusion: Appreciating and leveraging the capabilities, insights, and ideas of all individuals. Working effectively with individuals of diverse style, ability, and motivation. Seeking to be inclusive of all abilities, cultures, and backgrounds; challenging exclusionary practices.
- Professionalism: Behaves with fairness and consistency in communication, daily interactions, and decision-making. Shares information and ideas with others in a collaborative manner. Maintaining consistent lines of communication with manager, supervisor, team members and clients communicating deadlines, issues, status updates, and successes. Maintaining appropriate interpersonal relationships and boundaries with staff and clients.
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyImpactPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account