Foundry - Foundry-Driver
PROGRAM NAME: Foundry – Volunteer Driver
POSITION TITLE: Driver
SCHEDULE: Tuesday 4:30-6:30pm, Thursday 3 – 7pm
LOCATION: 101-32555 Simon Ave, Abbotsford
REPORTS TO: Rachel Andor
The volunteer drivers will assist in transporting youth to and from group sessions at Foundry Abbotsford. Foundry service young people 12-24, and provides a safe and judgment-free environment where they can feel comfortable asking for and accessing services they need. The Centre provides intergrade wellness services, such as physical and mental-health care, substance-use support, social services and youth and family peer support.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide rides for youth attending group session, pick up and returned home
- Coordinate all trips through Foundry coordinator
- Be punctual and dependable in picking up the youth at the scheduled time
- Keep the Foundry Coordinator informed of your availability
- Provide the Coordinator with as much notice when cancelling a trip
- Maintain client confidentiality
- Regular vehicle maintenance to ensure client safety-seat belts must be provided
- Provide annual updates on driver’s license and vehicle insurance
- Drivers are invited to stay with the group and participate in the session
- Immediately report incidences, accidents or concerns to the Archway Transportation Coordinator
- Review and adhere to the Archway Driver’s Transporting Client Checklist
- Adheres to Signed Archway Code of Ethics
QUALIFICATIONS and SKILLS
- Valid driver’s license and a safe driving record (drivers Abstract required)
- A minimum of one million dollar liability insurance and current vehicle registration
- Access to a vehicle that is roadworthy, reliable and suitable for client’s
- No health conditions that may impair ability to drive safely( vision, hearing, perception, certain medications, etc.)
- Understanding of the limitations experienced by some seniors, such as mobility and hearing/ vision loss
- Successful complete a Criminal Record Check
- Two references
- Current First aid and CPR
Drivers will be working one-one with youth, drivers should have access to a mobile phone while transporting youth.
- Accountability and Dependability:
- Takes personal ownership and responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work commitments. Follows organizational guidelines, professional standards, regulations and principles.
- Demonstrates reliability and integrity on a daily basis.
- Reliable and dependable in performing job-related tasks, finishing assigned projects, meeting deadlines and appointments.
- Communicates delays in work and renegotiates deadlines in a timely manner.
- Communication: Respectfully listens to others to gain a full understanding of issues; comprehends written material; presents information in a clear and concise manner orally and in writing to ensure others understand his/her ideas; appropriately adapts his/her message, style, and tone to accommodate a variety of audiences.
- Expressing and transmitting information with consistency and clarity, using active listening techniques in order to effectively understand provided feedback, summarizing information according to the audience in order to increase understanding.
- Ethics, Integrity, Confidentiality, and Trust: Models and promotes honesty and integrity within and with others.
- Takes the right action at the right time and in a manner that complies with the processes and procedures of the organization and the law.
- Demonstrates effective discretion, builds rapport with others and maintains confidentiality.
- Displays honesty and transparency that exhibits the values and mission of the workplace.
- Valuing Diversity and Inclusion: Appreciating and leveraging the capabilities, insights, and ideas of all individuals.
- Working effectively with individuals of diverse style, ability, and motivation.
- Seeking to be inclusive of all abilities, cultures, and backgrounds; challenging exclusionary practices.
- Professionalism: Behaves with fairness and consistency in communication, daily interactions, and decision-making.
- Shares information and ideas with others in a collaborative manner.
- Maintaining consistent lines of communication with manager, supervisor, team members and clients communicating deadlines, issues, status updates, and successes.
- Maintaining appropriate interpersonal relationships and boundaries with staff and clients.
- Age Must be 19 yrs old or older
- Application Must be Complete
- Criminal Record Check Must be Complete- Passed
- Driver's Abstract Must be at least Complete- Passed
- Identification Must be Complete
- Interview Must be Complete
- Reference Checks Must be Complete
- Vehicle Registration Must be at least Complete
The next 10 shifts (out of 53 total shifts) for this activity are as follows
|Date||Start Time||End Time|
|Thursday, December 08, 2022||3:00 PM||6:00 PM|
|Tuesday, December 13, 2022||4:30 PM||6:30 PM|
|Thursday, December 15, 2022||3:00 PM||6:00 PM|
|Tuesday, December 20, 2022||4:30 PM||6:30 PM|
|Thursday, December 22, 2022||3:00 PM||6:00 PM|
|Tuesday, December 27, 2022||4:30 PM||6:30 PM|
|Thursday, December 29, 2022||3:00 PM||6:00 PM|
|Tuesday, January 03, 2023||4:30 PM||6:30 PM|
|Thursday, January 05, 2023||3:00 PM||6:00 PM|
|Tuesday, January 10, 2023||4:30 PM||6:30 PM|