Career Paths for Skilled Immigrants (CPSI) - Employment Specialist Assistant
PROGRAM NAME: Career Paths for Skilled Immigrants (CPSI)
POSITION TITLE: Employment Specialist Assistant
SCHEDULE: 5 – 15 hrs/wk, flexible schedule
LOCATION: Archway Montrose – 2420 Montrose Avenue
REPORTS TO: Program Supervisor
In this position, the volunteer will work closely with program staff (Employment Specialists) and will assist foreign-trained professionals going through the skills upgrading, employment search, and licensing process in BC. This position does not require knowledge of a second language.
This is a great volunteer opportunity for a newcomer professional who requires Canadian work-related references to apply for paid employment. This position would also be suitable for a university student who is in social work, or a related field.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Respond to program enquiries.
- Conduct online job search and send job leads to clients.
- Revise resumes and draft cover letters.
- Maintain records and notes of participant progress.
- Follow up with clients on Action Plans.
- Successful passing of an interview with Program Supervisor.
- Strong written communication skills in English.
- Attention to detail.
- Professionalism in dealing with clients and program staff.
- Are you willing to complete a Criminal Record Check? Must be Yes
- I will be reliable, prompt and notigy my supervisor if I am unable to complete a scheduled shift Must be Yes
- I will be respectful to staff, patrons and fellow volunteers at all times. Must be Yes
- I will maintain a high commitment to my personal health and safety and that of my fellow volunteers and will report any incident to my supervisor Must be Yes
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyImpactPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account