STRIDE - Computer Basics Tutor
PROGRAM NAME: Skills Training Results in Directed Education / Employment (STRIDE)
POSITION TITLE: Volunteer Computer Basics Tutor
SCHEDULE: 1 – 2 times per week
LOCATION: Archway Community Services – STRIDE Office, 300 - 2975 Gladwin Road
REPORTS TO: Program Supervisor
STRIDE is designed to help unemployed or under-employed adults over 55 years old to make informed career decisions and explore occupations best suited to their strengths, interests, and transferable skills.
STRIDE needs a volunteer tutor who can teach computer basics to our program participants, once or twice a week.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Focus on computer-use fundamentals such as:
- Turning a computer on/off; mousing; setting-up email; sending/receiving emails; Internet searching; MS Word; downloading information; uploading resumés; and/or completing online job applications.
Education and Certification:
- A criminal record check is required to volunteer with Archway. This is provided for free.
- Experience using a computer and Microsoft programs.
Knowledge and Skill Set
- Strong communication skills.
- Proficiency with using a computer.
- Adherence to Archway COVID-19 guidelines.
- Accountability and Dependability: Takes personal ownership and responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work commitments. Follows organizational guidelines, professional standards, regulations and principles. Demonstrates reliability and integrity on a daily basis. Reliable and dependable in performing job-related tasks, finishing assigned projects, meeting deadlines and appointments. Communicates delays in work and renegotiates deadlines in a timely manner.
- Communication: Respectfully listens to others to gain a full understanding of issues; comprehends written material; presents information in a clear and concise manner orally and in writing to ensure others understand his/her ideas; appropriately adapts his/her message, style, and tone to accommodate a variety of audiences. Expressing and transmitting information with consistency and clarity, using active listening techniques in order to effectively understand provided feedback, summarizing information according to the audience in order to increase understanding.
- Ethics, Integrity, Confidentiality, and Trust: Models and promotes honesty and integrity within and with others. Takes the right action at the right time and in a manner that complies with the processes and procedures of the organization and the law. Demonstrates effective discretion, builds rapport with others and maintains confidentiality. Displays honesty and transparency that exhibits the values and mission of the workplace.
- Valuing Diversity and Inclusion: Appreciating and leveraging the capabilities, insights, and ideas of all individuals. Working effectively with individuals of diverse style, ability, and motivation. Seeking to be inclusive of all abilities, cultures, and backgrounds; challenging exclusionary practices.
- Professionalism: Behaves with fairness and consistency in communication, daily interactions, and decision-making. Shares information and ideas with others in a collaborative manner. Maintaining consistent lines of communication with manager, supervisor, team members and clients communicating deadlines, issues, status updates, and successes. Maintaining appropriate interpersonal relationships and boundaries with staff and clients.
- Are you willing to complete a Criminal Record Check? Must be Yes
- I will be reliable, prompt and notigy my supervisor if I am unable to complete a scheduled shift Must be Yes
- I will be respectful to staff, patrons and fellow volunteers at all times. Must be Yes
- I will maintain a high commitment to my personal health and safety and that of my fellow volunteers and will report any incident to my supervisor Must be Yes
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyImpactPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account