📄 Currently Recruiting - Distribution Centre Assistant (Gold Coast, Molendinar)
This volunteer opportunity will help to This volunteer opportunity will work alongside our Distribution Centre teams assisting with general warehouse duties to support the funding of our 24-hour crisis support line through the sale of donated products across our Gold Coast retail shops. Your few hours volunteering can and will help save lives!
In this role you will carry out general warehouse duties, providing assistance to our Sorters, Truck Drivers and other Distribution Centre staff. It may also include the collection and delivery of donated items to our stores from time to time.
28 Industrial Avenue, Molendinar, 4214
This is a physical role, working in a fast-paced, high volume warehouse environment where repetitive tasks are involved so being able to lift, carry and stand for long periods of time without restriction is important.
Tasks involved include:
▪ Rotating of stock around the warehouse environment
▪ Bailing of export stock
▪ Loading/unloading trucks
▪ Use of warehouse equipment including pallet jacks and walkie stackers
This is a great opportunity to:
- Experience the joy of making a meaningful difference
- Gain invaluable workplace experience
Good communication skills
Ability to work well as part of a team
General knowledge of a warehouse environment
▪ COVID-19 Vaccination
▪ Good communication skills
▪ Ability to work well as part of a team
▪ General knowledge of a warehouse environment
◾ Shift Times: 6am-2pm
◾ Minimum of 7 hours per shift
- Hygiene and role specific Personal Protective Equipment PPE is provided
- Access to staff kitchen facilities available
- Access to staff restrooms available
This role is accessible for people using:
▪ This facility is not accessible
UnitingCare values diversity in our organisation and we have some principles in place that will help to promote both inclusion and access. If you have any other accessibility requirements, please discuss these at the time of interview.