📄 Currently Recruiting - Friendship Club Champion (Brisbane, Boonah)
This volunteer opportunity will help to improve both the cognitive and physical health of BlueCare clients as well as promoting happiness and excitement in a fun and social atmosphere
The brand new Friendship Club activity is offering clients a later afternoon social activity 3 days per week.
Monday is offering Cheese & biscuits with a game of cards or draughts, Thursday is offering coffee & cake and a game of group scrabble and Friday is offering coffee & cake and the ever-popular game of bingo.
This role is well suited for an enthusiastic person who loves a laugh and is looking to make a difference in people's lives in their community
10A Macquarie Street Boonah Qld 4310
The Macquarie Street, Boonah location has a great team and offers a friendly and supportive environment. Volunteering in the Centre allows interaction with both clients and visitors.
Tasks involved include:
▪ Activity Preparations
▪ Interacting with clients participating in the activity
▪ Be an active part of the activity
▪ Activity clean up
This is a great opportunity to:
▪ Enjoy social interaction with others, ▪ Do something new and different, ▪ Experience the joy of making a meaningful difference
12.30pm - 4.30pm
Time Commitment: Minimum time commitment of 3-4 hours Weekly
▪ A special talent or interest is not essential
▪ Good communication skills
▪ Enjoy the fun of board games
▪ Disability Worker Screening check,
▪ Australian Federal Police check,
▪ Flu Vaccination,
▪ COVID-19 Vaccination
This role is accessible for people using:
▪ a wheelchair or mobility device,
▪ accessible toilets,
▪ an assistance animal
UnitingCare values diversity in our organisation and we have some principles in place that will help to promote both inclusion and access. If you have any other accessibility requirements, please discuss these at the time of the interview.