📄 Currently Recruiting - Gold Coast - Activities and Talent Assistant (Gold Coast, Arundel)
This volunteer opportunity will help to make a meaningful difference by engaging with residents and contributing to the diversity of day-to-day activities and/or entertainment options in which to participate.
This volunteer opportunity will help residents live life in all its fullness by engaging residents in various activities and/or presentations. The social interaction, mental stimulation and physicality that stem from these activities are an integral part of the health and well-being of residents. Daily activities include art and craft, playing board and memory games, concerts, or simply sharing stories over a cuppa. If you have a special skill, interest or hobby that could be shared as an activity we would love to hear from you.
Trusted for generations. Iconic in Queensland, officially trusted by Australia We’re an award-winning care provider, recognised as Australia’s Most Trusted Brand in Queensland for home care and residential care services. It’s a testament to both the quality of our work and the relationships we’ve built since 1953.
29 Melbourne Road, Arundel Qld 4214
Woodlands Lodge Aged Care Facility is centrally located, in the heart of Arundel, close to Harbour Town and Australia Fair Shopping Centres and other local community clubs. It delivers quality care in a supportive, friendly environment to meet the needs of both high and low care residents. Woodlands Lodge has a variety of indoor and outdoor areas for residents to take part in activities or simply sit back, relax and enjoy the surroundings and landscaped gardens.
|Book an Appointment to Apply
|Complete an Application Online
Tasks involved include:
▪ Support staff with preparing and planning various recreational and social activities.
▪ Support the development of social connections with other residents.
▪ Encourage residents to take part in activities and have fun.
This is a great opportunity to:
▪ Gain invaluable workplace experience,
▪ Experience the joy of making a meaningful difference,
▪ To meet mutual obligations, student placement hours or other requirements
9 am to 11.30 am
Monday to Friday (Morning, Afternoon)
Time Commitment: Minimum time commitment of 1-2 hours Fortnightly
▪ The ability to connect with people who are frail aged and elderly in a friendly and positive manner.
▪ No previous experience or formal qualifications are required however students or those wishing to gain valuable workplace experience in aged care are welcome to apply.
▪ Flu Vaccination,
▪ Disability Worker Screening check,
▪ Australian Federal Police check, please note that screening clearance checks are mandatory prior to commencement.
This role is accessible for people using:
▪ a wheelchair or mobility device,
▪ accessible toilets
UnitingCare values diversity in our organisation and we have some principles in place that will help to promote both inclusion and access. If you have any other accessibility requirements, please discuss these at the time of the interview.
|Complete an application...
We will help you to apply by completing the application form over the phone.
Complete the application form online yourself.
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyImpactPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account