📄 Currently Recruiting - A Friendly Visitor (Gold Coast, Labrador)
This volunteer opportunity will help to improve social connections and build friendships for older people who may be socially isolated, feeling lonely or disconnected and would benefit from a regular chat or visit during the week.
People from all social and cultural backgrounds are welcome to apply as culture and heritage are an important part of matching volunteers to visitors. Volunteers can provide regular uplifting conversations and engage residents in like-minded activities like reading, games, listening to music, enjoying the sunshine or sharing a story over a cuppa.
83 Muir Street, Labrador, Qld 4215
Labrador Gardens is an architecturally designed 160-bed facility catering for both high and low need residents. It is stylish, modern and has a daily program of diverse social and recreational activities. Volunteers are welcome to join the team of professionals who ensure that residents enjoy the highest quality of care.
Tasks involved could include:
▪ share regular uplifting conversations with residents by visit or phone call
▪ interact by engaging in meaningful and fun activities
▪ build friendships with those who may be feeling isolated, lonely or disconnected
▪ support the development of social connections with other residents
This is a great opportunity to:
▪ Do something new and different,
▪ Experience the joy of making a meaningful difference,
▪ Enjoy social interaction with others
Times are negotiable depending on volunteers’ availability and the needs of residents
Monday to Sunday morning and afternoon
Minimum time commitment of 1-2 hours Weekly
▪ Ability to connect with people in a friendly and positive manner
▪ COVID-19 Vaccination
▪ Flu Vaccination,
▪ Disability Worker Screening check,
▪ Australian Federal Police check,
*Screening checks are completed online by the volunteer with a link provided by Blue Care.
This role is accessible for people using:
▪ a wheelchair or mobility device,
▪ accessible toilets
UnitingCare values diversity in our organisation and we have some principles in place that will help to promote both inclusion and access. If you have any other accessibility requirements, please discuss these at the time of the interview.