📄 Currently Recruiting - North Queensland - Friendly Visitor (Townsville, Mount Louisa)
Trusted for generations. Iconic in Queensland, officially trusted by Australia We’re an award-winning care provider, recognised as Australia’s Most Trusted Brand in Queensland for home care and residential care services. It’s a testament to both the quality of our work and the relationships we’ve built since 1953.
This volunteer opportunity will help to improve social connections and build friendships for older people who may be socially isolated, feeling lonely or disconnected and would benefit from a regular chat or visit during the week.
People from all social and cultural backgrounds are welcome to apply as culture and heritage are an important part of matching volunteers to our residents.
Volunteers will provide regular uplifting conversations and engage residents in like-minded activities, interests and hobbies. For example reading, memory and board games, listening to music, enjoying the sunshine or sharing a story over a cuppa.
489 Bayswater Road, Mount Louisa
Woodlands Lodge Aged Care Facility is centrally located in the heart of Arundel, close to Harbour Town and Australia Fair shopping centres and other local community clubs. It delivers quality care in a supportive, friendly environment to meet the needs of both high and low-care residents. Woodlands Lodge has a variety of indoor and outdoor areas for residents to entertain their visitors or simply sit back, relax and enjoy the surroundings and landscaped gardens.
Tasks involved include:
▪ Share regular uplifting conversations with residents by visiting or phone calls
▪ Interact by engaging in meaningful like-minded fun and meaningful activities
▪ Build and maintain friendships with those who may be feeling isolated, lonely or disconnected
▪ Support the development of social connections both with other residents or within in the local community
This is a great opportunity to:
▪ Enjoy social interaction with others, ▪ Experience the joy of making a meaningful difference, ▪ Improve mental health and personal well being
9:00 am or when available
Time Commitment: Minimum time commitment of 3-4 hours occasionally
▪ No formal qualifications or previous experience is required
▪ Applicants should be able to engage with people who are frail aged and elderly in a respectful, friendly and positive manner
▪ To be able to build a natural friendship and develop a trusted relationship with residents volunteers should be able to give a minimum of 3-6 month
▪ National Police check
This role is accessible for people using:
▪ a wheelchair or mobility device,
▪ accessible toilets
UnitingCare values diversity in our organisation and we have some principles in place that will help to promote both inclusion and access. If you have any other accessibility requirements, please discuss these at the time of the interview.
|Complete an application...
We will help you to apply by completing the application form over the phone.
Complete the application form online yourself.
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyImpactPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account