📄 Currently Recruiting - Retail Shop Assistant (Gatton)
This volunteer opportunity will help to assist in the running of all aspects of a retail shop to directly fund our 24-hour crisis support line. Your few hours volunteering can and will help save lives!
Your energetic contribution of time to assist with donations, shop presentation and point of sale. We invite anyone with a customer first approach to service to join our volunteer team.
6/2 Lake Clarendon Rd, Crowley Vale QLD 4342
The shop is a large rural shed prominently located on the Warrego Highway serving the local community and many people travelling through from the western towns. Our team is more like a family, looking out for each other and a close knit group that enjoys working together.
Tasks involved include:
▪ Point of Sale transactions
▪ Stock preparation
▪ Shop presentation
▪ Labelling and pricing stock
▪ Customers service
This is a great opportunity to:
▪ Enjoy social interaction with others, ▪ To meet mutual obligations, student placement hours or other requirements, ▪ Improve mental health and personal well being
Shifts are negotiable between 8 am to 5 pm
Monday to Sunday
Time Commitment: Minimum time commitment of 3-4 hours Weekly
▪ COVID-19 Vaccination
▪ Good communication skills
▪ Customer service or retail experience advantageous but not essential
This role is accessible for people using:
▪ a wheelchair or mobility device, ▪ accessible toilets, ▪ an assistance animal
UnitingCare values diversity in our organisation and we have some principles in place that will help to promote both inclusion and access. If you have any other accessibility requirements, please discuss these at the time of the interview.