📄 Currently Recruiting - Brisbane, Ipswich & Caboolture - Cafe Assistant (Brisbane, Rothwell)
This volunteer opportunity will help to deliver exceptional customer service that enhances the daily activities of residents using the Café which helps build a sense of community and well-being. Our cafe is a real social hub for our residents, who enjoy visiting and chatting with our volunteers each day.
The cafe caters to residents, staff and visitors at our facility. Duties would include making coffee, preparing lunches to order, as well as our daily specials.
Trusted for generations. Iconic in Queensland, officially trusted by Australia We’re an award-winning care provider, recognised as Australia’s Most Trusted Brand in Queensland for home care and residential care services. It’s a testament to both the quality of our work and the relationships we’ve built since 1953.
25 - 39 Higgs Street, Rothwell 4022
The cafe is a bustling hive of activity and a social hub for our residents with lovely tables and chairs scattered around the cafe area for residents and families to enjoy. Volunteers are valuable members of our dedicated team and are supported to achieve maximum satisfaction from their contribution. The cafe is run by two volunteers under the supervision of our Hospitality Supervisor and Volunteer Coordinators.
|Book an Appointment to Apply
|Complete an Application Online
Tasks involved include:
▪ Customer service
▪ Making coffee
▪ Food preparation
▪ Taking lunch orders
▪ Using cash register and EFTPOS machine
▪ Cleaning prior to the end of the shift
This is a great opportunity to:
▪ Experience the joy of making a meaningful difference
▪ Enjoy social interaction with others
▪ Gain invaluable workplace experience
Times: 9:00 am - 1:30 pm Weekdays
Time Commitment: Minimum time commitment of 5-10 hours Weekly
▪ Making beverages (on completion of appropriate training)
▪ Taking orders and payments
▪ Restocking fridges and shelves
▪ Clearing tables
▪ Report any concerns
▪ Flu Vaccination
▪ Disability Worker Screening check
▪ Australian Federal Police check
This role is accessible for people using:
▪ accessible toilets
UnitingCare values diversity in our organisation and we have some principles in place that will help to promote both inclusion and access. If you have any other accessibility requirements, please discuss these at the time of the interview.
|Complete an application...
We will help you to apply by completing the application form over the phone.
Complete the application form online yourself.
This activity generally occurs on
- Monday - Morning, Afternoon
- Tuesday - Morning, Afternoon
- Wednesday - Morning, Afternoon
- Thursday - Morning, Afternoon
- Friday - Morning, Afternoon
- Saturday - Morning, Afternoon
- Sunday - Morning, Afternoon
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyImpactPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account