📄 Currently Recruiting - Gold Coast - All Rounders (Coomera)
This volunteer opportunity will help to assist the team to ensure every day is an opportunity for the people in our care to live their best life while participating in various fun and recreational activities, both in-centre and out and about in the community.
This volunteer will support the Respite Team by ensuring everyone has a memorable and positive experience while taking part in daily activities.
The ideal volunteer will be able to communicate with people who are frail aged and elderly in ways which are respectful and courteous. They will also be genuinely interested in making a positive difference to the people we walk alongside.
8-12 Esplanade, Coomera Qld 4209
The Centre provides daily in-centre activities and social outings for older people, some who experience dementia. The Centre has different spaces for a full range of activities including a relaxing outdoor garden area, spacious recreation/ lounge/dining room and a fully equipped commercial kitchen. BlueCare fleet vehicles transport participants on various social outings Monday to Thursday 8am to 4pm. Volunteers are needed to be available for a full day if accompanying participants who are taking part in out of centre activities.
|Book an Appointment to Apply
|Complete an Application Online
Tasks involved include:
▪ Assist with preparation of resources for activities, both in and out of centre
▪ Assist with the service of light meals and refreshments to participants
▪ Gently encourage and prompt participants to take part in activities and engage in positive interactions with their peers
▪ Assist in maintaining a tidy work environment eg: end of day tidy up and packing away of resources
▪ Accompany the Respite Team and participants on out of centre outings in BlueCare fleet vehicles 8am to 4pm Monday to Thursday. Assist to escort participants on and off buses and into venues.
▪ Assist the Respite team with in-centre activities on Fridays 8am to 4pm
This is a great opportunity to:
▪ Gain invaluable workplace experience
▪ Experience the joy of making a meaningful difference
▪ To meet mutual obligations, student placement hours or other requirements
8am to 4pm as buses leave the centre at 8am promptly and return between 3pm and 4pm. On Fridays activities are in-centre and hours can be more flexible.
Monday (Morning, Afternoon)
Tuesday (Morning, Afternoon)
Wednesday (Morning, Afternoon)
Thursday (Morning, Afternoon)
Friday (Morning, Afternoon)
Time Commitment: Get started from as little as 5-10 hours fortnightly
No previous experience in aged care or qualifications is required. We are seeking people who are genuine, reliable and passionate about supporting people whose lives are affected by aged related frailty, dementia and disability. BlueCare buses leave the centre at 8am promptly and are not back until late afternoon, around 3pm. Therefore volunteers need to be available during these hours.
▪️ Reference Checks
▪ NDIS Workers Screening check
▪ National Police check
UnitingCare values diversity in our organisation and we have some principles in place that will help to promote both inclusion and access. If you have any other accessibility requirements, please discuss these at the time of the interview.
|Complete an application...
We will help you to apply by completing the application form over the phone.
Complete the application form online yourself.
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyImpactPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account