📄 Currently Recruiting - Brisbane, Ipswich & Caboolture - Activity Assistant (Brisbane, Rothwell)
This volunteer opportunity will help to make a meaningful difference by engaging with residents and assisting the lifestyle team by contributing to the diversity of day to day activities.
Trusted for generations. Iconic in Queensland, officially trusted by Australia We’re an award-winning care provider, recognised as Australia’s Most Trusted Brand in Queensland for home care and residential care services. It’s a testament to both the quality of our work and the relationships we’ve built since 1953.
This volunteer opportunity will help residents live life in all its fullness by engaging residents in activities and leisure opportunities. The social interaction, mental stimulation and physical activity that stems from these activities is a valuable part of our residents day and the care provided. From playing games to singing or simply enjoying a cup of tea with a resident; there is no limit to the unrealized opportunities to contribute using your own personal interests and hobbies.
We welcome volunteers to share, whatever your skills, passions and availability may be, with our residents to help make their day.
25 - 39 Higgs Street, Rothwell 4022
The facility is set on one level with beautiful gardens areas and pathways throughout. There are 5 lodges set out over the grounds with 30 residents living in each lodge. We have a community hall, coffee shop and hairdresser on site and a real community feel. We value our volunteers, their skills and unique contributions to our residents and the lifestyle team.
|Book an Appointment to Apply
|Complete an Application Online
Tasks involved include:
▪ Assist with activities.
▪ Interacting with residents participating in the activity
* Assisting residents to and from activities
* Visiting with residents 1-1 for conversation, reminiscence and friendship.
This is a great opportunity to:
▪ Experience the joy of making a meaningful difference
▪ To meet mutual obligations, student placement hours or other requirements
▪ Enjoy social interaction with others
Monday - Friday (9.00am - 12.00pm or 1.00pm - 4.00pm)
Time Commitment: Minimum time commitment of 3-4 hours Weekly
▪ A special talent or interest not essential.
▪ Volunteers must have a valid Flu vaccination
* Volunteers must undergo mandatory education annually.
Please note that it will take 2-4 weeks for checks to be completed before undertaking induction, orientation to commence in this role.
▪ Flu Vaccination
▪ Disability Worker Screening check
▪ Australian Federal Police check
This role is accessible for people using:
▪ accessible toilets
UnitingCare values diversity in our organisation and we have some principles in place that will help to promote both inclusion and access. If you have any other accessibility requirements, please discuss these at the time of the interview.
|Complete an application...
We will help you to apply by completing the application form over the phone.
Complete the application form online yourself.
This activity generally occurs on
- Monday - Morning, Afternoon
- Tuesday - Morning, Afternoon
- Wednesday - Morning, Afternoon
- Thursday - Morning, Afternoon
- Friday - Morning, Afternoon
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyImpactPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account