📄 Currently Recruiting - Court Support (Ipswich, Gatton & Toogoolawah)
This volunteer opportunity will help to provide information, support and assistance to male respondents of Domestic Violence across the Ipswich, Gatton & Toogoolawah Magistrates Court
We are seeking volunteer advocates interested in helping men from a wide range of backgrounds attending court on domestic and family violence matters. in a non-judgmental manner to the UnitingCare Choosing Change program. The role maintains a neutral position, providing information only and a general understanding or experience working in domestic violence programs is recommended.
Our team is passionate about the prevention of domestic family violence and supporting respondents on a journey of change from using abusive behaviour in their relationships. We are looking to grow a team of volunteers to partner with us including being involved with our staff meetings. The initial training and ongoing support provided in this well-established program is very important to us, as is your safety and wellbeing as a valued team member.
There are three courts in our area to cover on a regular basis:
Ipswich: Monday & Tuesdays, 8:00 am to 12:00 pm weekly
Gatton: Tuesdays, 8:00 am to 12:00 pm fortnightly
Toogoolawah: Fridays, 8:00 am to 12:00 pm monthly
A company vehicle is available for travel to these locations.
Tasks involved include:
▪ Attend courthouse
▪ Communicate with male respondents of domestic and family violence
▪ Provide general information about protection orders, court layout and court processes
▪ Provide information about available services and assistance with referrals
▪ Provide information to the court about current wait times when requested
▪ Record statistics and notes
This is a great opportunity to meet student placement hours and get experience in the workplace.
▪ Understanding of working in domestic violence programs is recommended
▪ Lifeline counselling qualifications are advantageous, but not required
▪ Drivers license - Open C Class
▪ Blue Card working with children check
▪ COVID-19 Vaccination
▪ Minimum time commitment of 3-4 hours weekly
UnitingCare values diversity in our organisation and we have some principles in place that will help to promote both inclusion and access. If you have any other accessibility