📄 Currently Recruiting - Position Title (Local Suburb)
This volunteer opportunity will help to assist in supplying the Shops and Bookfest event/s with quality, well sorted books, magazines, games, and puzzles, in order to maximise sales and directly assist UnitingCare to help people live life in all its fullness.
The income generated through book sales helps fund the Lifeline Crisis Support services to help us respond to callers to provide empathy and compassion so that they feel connected, heard and understood. The role involves sorting donated books, magazines, games, and puzzles, into predefined categories ready for distribution to Shops and Bookfest events. This opportunity would be ideal for someone who loves books, keeping things organised or has a keen eye for spotting a 'treasure'.
608 Maroochydore Road, Kunda Park, 4556
Enjoy working in a great team environment with a passionate group of people. You'll look forward to spending time with new friends and knowing that you are contributing towards Lifeline being able to save more lives.
Tasks involved include:
▪ Sorting donations into predefined categories
▪ Order preparation
This is a great opportunity to:
▪ Experience the joy of making a meaningful difference, ▪ Enjoy social interaction with others, ▪ Do something new and different
8.30am-10.30am; 9:00am-11:00am; 10.30am-12.30pm
Time Commitment: Minimum time commitment of 1-2 hours Weekly
▪ A basic understanding of book genre (fiction, sci-fi etc) ▪ Physical capacity to lift, move and coordinate heavy and bulky items ▪ Previous experience in warehouse environments would be advantageous but not essential.
▪ COVID-19 Vaccination (Required)
This role is accessible for people using:
▪ This facility is not accessible
UnitingCare values diversity in our organisation and we have some principles in place that will help to promote both inclusion and access. If you have any other accessibility requirements, please discuss these at the time of the interview.
This activity generally occurs on
- Monday Morning
- Tuesday Morning
- Wednesday Morning
- Thursday Morning
- Friday Morning