📄 Currently Recruiting - Distribution Centre Assistant (Cairns, Aumuller Street)
This volunteer opportunity will help to work alongside our Distribution Centre teams assisting with general warehouse duties.
In this role you will carry out general warehouse duties, providing assistance to our Sorters, Truck Drivers and other Distribution Centre staff. It may also include the collection and delivery of donated items to our stores from time to time.
Your volunteering can and will help save lives by to support the funding of our 24-hour crisis support line through the sale of donated products across our retail shops.
188 Aumuller Street, Cairns Qld 4870
This is a physical role, working in a fast-paced, high volume warehouse environment where repetitive tasks are involved so being able to lift, carry and stand for long periods of time without restriction is important.
Tasks involved include:
▪ Rotating of stock around the warehouse environment
▪ Bailing of export stock
▪ Loading/unloading trucks
▪ Use of warehouse equipment including pallet jacks
This is a great opportunity to:
▪ Enjoy social interaction with others, ▪ Gain invaluable workplace experience, ▪ Experience the joy of making a meaningful difference
Shifts are available between 8:00 am - 1:00 pm on Monday (Morning), Thursday (Morning)
and Friday (Morning)
Time Commitment: Minimum time commitment of 10-15 hours Weekly
▪ Good communication skills
▪ Ability to work well as part of a team
▪ General knowledge of a warehouse environment
This role is accessible for people using:
▪ This facility is not accessible
UnitingCare values diversity in our organisation and we have some principles in place that will help to promote both inclusion and access. If you have any other accessibility requirements, please discuss these at the time of the interview.