📄 Currently Recruiting - Welcomer (Brisbane, Coomera)
This volunteer opportunity will help to be the first point of contact to the centre and ensure that all visitors experience a positive welcoming first impression. The Welcomer directs visitors to the appropriate team member or activity.
This volunteer position would be shared between 2-3 volunteers across the week and during business hours 8 am to 4 pm, part or full days, Mon to Friday weekly. The role is positioned at the front reception area.
8-12 Esplanade Coomera Qld 4209
Tasks involved include:
- Prompts visitors to:
- scan the Check-in Qld Covid Safe App on entry
- sign in and out of the attendance register
- to use appropriate PPE - masks and hand sanitiser
- Supports the team with:
- collection and distribution of mail deliveries, including parcels
- answering phone calls and taking messages
- logging room bookings for meeting requests
- maintaining stationery cupboard
- with basic administrative tasks
This is a great opportunity to gain invaluable workplace experience
Skills & Experience
Previous experience in an administrative role would be advantageous. The ability to communicate with a diverse range of people in a friendly and welcoming manner is essential both in person and on the phone
▪ COVID-19 Vaccination,
▪ Flu Vaccination,
▪ Disability Worker Screening check,
▪ Australian Federal Police check
Minimum time commitment of 3-4 hours Weekly
UnitingCare values diversity in our organisation and we have some principles in place that will help to promote both inclusion and access. If you have any other accessibility requirements, please discuss these at the time of the interview.