📄 Currently Recruiting - Up & Go Assistant (Gatton)
This volunteer opportunity will help to improve both cognitive and physical health of BlueCare clients as well as promoting happiness in a fun and social atmosphere
This unique opportunity has volunteers providing support on mobile respite bus trips or what we like to call "Up & Go Club"
This role is well suited for an enthusiastic person who loves a laugh and is looking to make a difference in people’s lives in their community
8 Dawson Drive Gatton Qld 4343
The Dawson Street, Gatton location has a great team and offers a friendly and supportive environment. Volunteering in the Centre and on the Up & Go bus trips allows interaction with both clients and visitors.
Tasks involved include:
▪ Assist with pick up and drop off of clients
▪ Provide support on the bus
▪ Interaction with clients both on the bus and in activities and/or destinations under the guidance of an accompanying staff member
This is a great opportunity to:
▪ Experience the joy of making a meaningful difference, ▪ Enjoy social interaction with others, ▪ To meet mutual obligations, student placement hours or other requirements
Friday (Morning, Afternoon)
Time Commitment: Minimum time commitment of 5-10 hours Weekly
▪ A special talent or interest is not essential
▪ Good communication skills
▪ Disability Worker Screening check,
▪ Australian Federal Police check
▪ Influenza and COVID-19 vaccinations
This role is accessible for people using:
▪ accessible toilets, ▪ an assistance animal
UnitingCare values diversity in our organisation and we have some principles in place that will help to promote both inclusion and access. If you have any other accessibility requirements, please discuss these at the time of the interview.