📄 Currently Recruiting - Retail Shop Assistant (Gold Coast, Labrador)
This volunteer opportunity will help to assist in the running of all aspects of a retail shop to directly fund our 24-hour crisis support line. Your few hours volunteering can and will help save lives!
Your energetic contribution of time to assist with donations, shop presentation and point of sale. We invite anyone with a customer first approach to service to join our volunteer team.
Shop 9, 7-11 Brown Street, Labrador
Fun and laidback, our team work together to create an easygoing atmosphere, where customers can browse for hours.
Tasks involved include:
▪ Customer service
▪ Point of sale transactions
▪ Stock preparation
▪ Shop presentation
▪ Labelling and pricing stock
▪ General tidying of store
This is a great opportunity to:
▪ Experience the joy of making a meaningful difference, ▪ Do something new and different, ▪ Enjoy social interaction with others
Weekdays 9:00 am - 1:00 pm and 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Saturday 9:00 am - 12:00 noon, 12:00 - 3:00 pm
These shifts are negotiable and we also have full-day shifts available.
Time Commitment: Minimum time commitment of 3-4 hours Weekly
▪ Good communication skills
▪ Customer service or retail experience advantageous but not essential
▪ COVID-19 Vaccination (Required)
This role is accessible for people using:
▪ a wheelchair or mobility device, ▪ accessible toilets
UnitingCare values diversity in our organisation and we have some principles in place that will help to promote both inclusion and access. If you have any other accessibility requirements, please discuss these at the time of the interview.