📄 Currently Recruiting - Sunshine Coast & Fraser Coast - Activities and General Visitor (Bundaberg, Pioneer Lodge)
This volunteer opportunity will help to assist residents in enjoying activities by providing companionship and support.
Trusted for generations. Iconic in Queensland, officially trusted by Australia We’re an award-winning care provider, recognised as Australia’s Most Trusted Brand in Queensland for home care and residential care services. It’s a testament to both the quality of our work and the relationships we’ve built since 1953.
BlueCare Volunteers support Residents to enjoy a range of activities in the Aged Care Facility. Activities vary according to residents' interests. Volunteers encourage Residents to join in and enjoy their day. At the same time, Volunteers are providing social interaction and companionship. It is all about making someone's day, and your own, special! Volunteers also support Staff to set up and pack away activities and may assist with serving light refreshments.
Location: Pioneer Lodge - Cnr Heaps & Barolin Streets, Bundaberg
|Book an Appointment to Apply
|Complete an Application Online
Tasks involved include:
▪ Assist Residents to and from their rooms with various fun activities
▪ Support the Lifestyle team to set up and pack away activities
▪ Assist in serving light refreshments
▪ Encourage Residents to take an active part in planned daily activities and make friends with their peers
▪ Accompany Residents on group outings
▪ Build friendships with those who may be feeling isolated, lonely or disconnected
▪ Support the development of social connections with other residents.
▪ Visit with residents and share regular uplifting conversations
This is a great opportunity to experience the joy of making a meaningful difference
▪ Good social and people skills
▪ Influenza Vaccination,
▪ NDIS Worker Screening check
▪ National Police check
Time Commitment: Minimum time commitment of 1-2 hours Weekly
UnitingCare values diversity in our organisation and we have some principles in place that will help to promote both inclusion and access. If you have any other accessibility requirements, please discuss these at the time of the interview.
|Complete an application...
We will help you to apply by completing the application form over the phone.
Complete the application form online yourself.
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyImpactPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account