📄 Currently Recruiting - Men's Court Support (Fraser Coast)
This volunteer opportunity will help to provide assistance and information about court processes and the meaning of domestic violence orders to respondents attending court in relation to domestic violence matters.
This volunteer opportunity will help to provide information, support and assistance to male respondents of Domestic Violence across the Fraser Coast at Hervey Bay and Maryborough Magistrates Court for Domestic and Family Violence matters.
We are seeking volunteer advocates interested in helping men from a wide range of backgrounds attending court on domestic and family violence matters. in a non-judgmental manner to the UnitingCare Choosing Change program. The role maintains a neutral position, providing information only and a general understanding or experience working in domestic violence programs is recommended.\
Our team is passionate about the prevention of domestic family violence and supporting respondents on a journey of change from using abusive behaviour in their relationships. We are looking to grow a team of volunteers to partner with us including being involved with our staff meetings. The initial training and ongoing support provided in this well-established program is very important to us, as is your safety and wellbeing as a valued team member.
There are two courts in our area to cover on a regular basis:
Hervey Bay: Tuesdays, 8:00 am to 12:00 pm weekly
Maryborough: Thursdays 8:00 am to 12:00 pm weekly
This is a great opportunity to meet student placement hours and get experience in the workplace.
Hervey Bay and Maryborough Magistrates Court
|Book an Appointment to Apply
|Complete an Application Online
Tasks invlved include:
▪ Attend courthouse
▪ Communicate with male respondents of domestic and family violence
▪ Provide general information about protection orders, court layout and court processes
▪ Provide information about available services and assistance with referrals
▪ Provide information to the court about current wait times when requested
▪ Record statistics and notes
This is a great opportunity to:
▪ Experience the joy of making a meaningful difference, ▪ Gain invaluable workplace experience, ▪ Do something new and different
8:00 am to 12:00 pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays
Time Commitment: Minimum time commitment of 3-4 hours Weekly
▪ Understanding of working in domestic violence programs is recommended
▪ Lifeline counselling qualifications are advantageous, but not required
▪ Drivers license - Open C Class
▪ Blue Card working with children check
This role is accessible for people using:
▪ This facility is not accessible
UnitingCare values diversity in our organisation and we have some principles in place that will help to promote both inclusion and access. If you have any other accessibility requirements, please discuss these at the time of the interview.
|Complete an application...
We will help you to apply by completing the application form over the phone.
Complete the application form online yourself.
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyImpactPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account