📄 Currently Recruiting - Garden Guru (Kallangur)
The purpose of the role is to make a meaningful difference by tending to gardens to enhance the environment within which our residents enjoy the outdoors.
This volunteer opportunity will help residents live life in all its fullness by helping to nurture the natural landscape and gardens that our residents can enjoy the outdoors within. The physical activity, mental stimulation and even social interaction that stems from being outside is a valuable part of our residents day and the care provided.
40 Narangba road, Kallangur 4503
Our site has five buildings with surrounding gardens. You would be working with our onsite maintenance officer.
Tasks involved include:
▪ Interacting with residents
This is a great opportunity to:
- Experience the joy of making a meaningful difference
- Gain invaluable workplace experience
- Enjoy social interaction with others
▪ General interest in gardening
▪ Disability Worker Screening check,
▪ Australian Federal Police check,
▪ Flu Vaccination,
▪ COVID-19 Vaccination
Time Commitment: Minimum time commitment of 1-2 hours per monthly
- Access to staff kitchen facilities available
- Access to staff restrooms available
- Refreshments provided
UnitingCare values diversity in our organisation and we have some principles in place that will help to promote both inclusion and access. If you have any other accessibility requirements, please discuss these at the time of interview.