📄 Currently Recruiting - Life Skills Mentor (Gold Coast, Bilinga)
Do you have a wealth of life experience and skills that you are eager to share for a meaningful cause?
Bring your life experience, and skills, using your interests to build rapport with homeless men, empowering them through mentoring relationships to bring positive change in their life.
We invite those wishing to be a life skills mentor and make a difference in the lives of homeless men by becoming mentors and advocates for positive change.
What We Do: Blair Athol, in Bilinga, is a dedicated accommodation and support program that provides assistance to single, homeless men looking to regain their footing. Our mission is to empower individuals to connect with their community, build on existing skills, and work toward securing long-term accommodation and employment.
Our Life Skills Program is the cornerstone of our efforts to help homeless individual men regain stability and independence.
Your Role: As a volunteer Life Skills Mentor, you will use your unique life experiences and interests to build strong connections with homeless men. Through mentoring relationships, you will help them navigate the path to positive change. You will bring your interests to share, such as, for example, gardening, fishing, walking, woodwork, sports, etc. The Life Skills Program is facilitated by the Life Skills Officer (LSO), and you will be supported to learn on the job.
|Book an Appointment to Apply
|Complete an Application Online
Your support will be instrumental in helping homeless individuals to:
- Connect with their local communities
- Develop essential life skills
- Gain and sustain long-term accommodation
- Pursue meaningful employment opportunities
- Converse and encourage the people we serve
- Driving to activities - vehicle supplied
- Participating in activities with the people we serve
- Assisting in the writing of résumés and searching and applying for accommodation
- Room preparations for new intakes
- Regular communication with the Life Skills Officer (LSO) and team members
- Other duties as directed by supervisor / manager / LSO
Time Commitment: Usually 11:00 am - 3:00 pm, minimum time commitment of 3-4 hours weekly, on a regular agreed day.
Location: Blair Athol / Gold Coast Homelessness Service, 93 Golden Four Drive, Bilinga.
Why Volunteer with Blair Athol:
- Impactful Work: Your mentorship can transform the lives of homeless men, offering them a chance to rebuild and regain their independence.
- Community Engagement: By becoming a part of Blair Athol, you'll play a vital role in strengthening the bonds within your local community.
- Personal Growth: This volunteer opportunity allows you to use your skills and passions in a way that brings about positive change in the lives of those who need it most.
- Regular Commitment: You have a weekday that you can volunteer time each week. Make your volunteering a regular feature of your week.
|The next step is to complete an application...
We will help you to apply by completing the application form over the phone.
Complete the application form online yourself.
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyImpactPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account