📄 Currently Recruiting - Sunshine Coast & Fraser Coast - Activity & Talent Guests (Sunshine Coast, Coolum Beach)
This volunteer opportunity will help to make a meaningful difference by engaging with residents and contributing to the diversity of day to day activities and/or entertainment options available to participate in
This volunteer opportunity will help residents live life in all its fullness by engaging residents in activities and/or presentations. The social interaction, mental stimulation and physical activity that stems from these activities is a valuable part of our residents day and the care provided. From arts and crafts to nail care to playing games to singing or simply enjoying a cup of tea with a resident; there is no limit to the unrealised opportunities to contribute using your own personal interests and hobbies.
We welcome volunteers to share, whatever your skills, passions and availability may be, with our residents to help make their day.
10 Fourwinds Avenue, Coolum Beach 4573
Working with a fun, energetic and supportive team
Tasks involved include:
▪ Activity preparations
▪ Interacting with Clients participating in the activity
This is a great opportunity to:
- Experience the joy of making a meaningful difference, - Improve mental health and personal well being, - Enjoy social interaction with others
▪ A special talent or interest not essential.
▪ Volunteers must have a valid Flu vaccination (certificate/letter)
▪ Disability Worker Screening check,
▪ Australian Federal Police check,
▪ Flu Vaccination,
▪ COVID-19 Vaccination
Please note that it will take 2-4 weeks for checks to be completed before undertaking induction, orientation to commence in this role.
Time Commitment: Minimum time commitment of 3-4 hours per Weekly
- Smart casual dress standard, - Access to staff kitchen facilities available, - Access to staff restrooms available, - Refreshments provided
This role is accessible for people using:
▪ a wheelchair or mobility device, ▪ accessible toilets, ▪ an assistance animal
UnitingCare values diversity in our organisation and we have some principles in place that will help to promote both inclusion and access. If you have any other accessibility requirements, please discuss these at the time of interview.
This activity generally occurs on
- Monday - Morning, Afternoon
- Tuesday - Morning, Afternoon
- Wednesday - Morning, Afternoon
- Thursday - Morning, Afternoon
- Friday - Morning, Afternoon