📄 Currently Recruiting - Retail Shop Assistant (Cairns, Smithfield)
This volunteer opportunity will help to assist in the running of all aspects of a retail shop to directly fund our 24-hour crisis support line. Your volunteering can and will help save lives!
Your energetic contribution of time to assist with donations, shop presentation and point of sale. We invite anyone with a customer first approach to service, to join our volunteer team.
2/7 Mt Koolmoon Drive, Smithfield 4870
Join our friendly team of staff and volunteers working in a large store with a wide range and processing a high turnover of stock. We are conveniently located in Smithfield.
Tasks involved include:
Point of sale transactions
This is a great opportunity to:
- Enjoy social interaction with others,
- Experience the joy of making a meaningful difference,
- Do something new and different
Good communication skills
Customer service or retail experience advantageous but not essential
▪ COVID-19 Vaccination
▪ Good communication skills
▪ Customer service or retail experience advantageous but not essential
Minimum time commitment of 3-4 hours per Weekly
- Smart casual dress standard,
- Access to staff kitchen facilities available,
- Access to staff restrooms available
This role is accessible for people using:
▪ This facility is not accessible
UnitingCare values diversity in our organisation and we have some principles in place that will help to promote both inclusion and access. If you have any other accessibility requirements, please discuss these at the time of interview.