Dorset Nightstop provides safe, secure emergency accommodation for young people aged 16-25 who are homeless or at risk of homelessness.
Young people are welcomed into the home of a fully trained volunteer host. Placements are on a one night at a time basis, usually for a maximum of three nights.
As a young person accessing Nightstop you can expect:
- a safe and secure bed for the night in your own room
- an evening meal and breakfast
- washing facilities
- a listening ear, if you need one, or head space if you prefer
- a friendly and free service
- breathing space to allow you to get any support you need and move towards finding more permanent accommodation
Nightstop aims to keep young people in a safe and friendly home environment, while allowing agencies to look at long-term solutions to their homelessness.