Foster Program - Foster Guardian
Placing animals in foster homes is an integral part of the overall welfare of the animals we care for. We rely heavily on foster homes to house many of our animals, especially dogs, puppies and kittens. We provide all the supplies needed to care for the foster animal/s, you just provide the time and love!
Volunteers with the BC SPCA Foster Care Program are the guardian angels of thousands of injured and abandoned animals received at the branches every year. The BC SPCA Foster Program benefits animals who have a good chance of adoption, but who are either too young, sick, injured, under socialized or emotionally stressed to survive in the shelter environment. Instead, animals are cared for and rehabilitated in a nurturing foster home.
- Provide a suitable home environment for the fostered animal
- Ability to work independently
- Dependable and committed
- Experience working will ill or injured animals
- 19 years or older
- Spend quality time with the animal
- Bring the animal to the Branch or Veterinary clinic for regular check ups
- Submit weekly reports to the Branch regarding the animals progress and care
- Ensure all other animals in the house are vaccinated
1 week to six months, depending on the reasons for fostering
- Age range Must be at least 19 years of age or older
- Interview Must be Completed