Community Council - Community Council Chair
Welcome to the Community Council!
The Community Council is a local Volunteer Council that assists and advises the Branch Manager on important issues surrounding the community and the BCSPCA. The Community Council is involved in financial statements and budgets, Advocacy, Membership, Humane Education, Fundraising and Volunteer Resources and Recruitment. The Council is made up of a Chair, Vice-Chair, Secretary and up to 7 other supporting members.
In the Role as Chair you would be in charge of running the monthly meetings, preparing the agenda and keeping the council on task. You will receive regular communications with the Branch Manager and Provincial Board of Directors and a provincial e-bulletin. You will be tasked with passing along provincial information to the rest of the community council. As mentioned above the Community Council is in many avenues and it is the chair that insures events, fundraiser, advocacy and other duties are carried out, whether you do them yourself or task them out to other members.
The time commitment for the role may vary from month to month and many be demanding on your time depending on how much you delegate to others.
- Great organizational skills
- Good communicative skills
- Proficient in email communication and Microsoft office
- Leadership skills
- Time management skills
- Past committee experience would be beneficial
- Good working knowledge of BCSPCA policies and procedures
- Experience with working with volunteers
- Be great independently and working as a team
If you have these qualities we are looking for you!
- Age range Must be at least 16-18 years of age
- Criminal Record Check Must be at least Completed
- Information Session (or Volunteer Orientation) Must be at least Completed
- Interview Must be Completed