Community Relations - Videographer
Are you a visual story teller who is always holding a video camera? Or do you have video editing experience that you are dying to put to good use? Or maybe both (wow!)? If you're passionate about making a difference for animals and are video-savvy, the BC SPCA wants you!
In the volunteer videographer/video editor role you will assist the BC SPCA Marketing Communications Officer by shooting and editing videos of various subjects and length, whether at regular BC SPCA events and fundraisers or scheduled shoots at various BC SPCA shelters and hospitals throughout the province, or even editing right from your own home.
The videos you help to create will be used to help spread the BC SPCA's messages and mission, and will be featured on BC SPCA websites and social media sites including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, as well as in e-blasts and emails sent to BC SPCA supporters.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Shooting scheduled/approved videos (majority of videos will be between 30 seconds to 2 minutes in length).
2. Pitching/brainstorming new and engaging video ideas.
3. Shooting streeters and covering BC SPCA events, such as Paws for a Cause and gala fundraisers.
4. Shooting creative videos that tell engaging stories and draw emotion, featuring animals, volunteers and BC SPCA staff.
5. Weekly check-ins with BC SPCA Marketing Communications Officer.
6. Staying up to date with the latest animal welfare news/trends.
The successful applicant will be expected to learn about the BC SPCA's position on animal welfare topics and ensure that all videos are in keeping with the organization's policies and procedures.
To apply for this volunteer position, please send a letter of interest, along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. As this is a possible telecommute position, an email address and computer with internet access are also required. Having your own videography and video editing equipment/programs is an asset.