Animal Welfare - Transport
As a volunteer driver you will transport our animals to destinations on Salt Spring Island and Vancouver Island, deliver or pick up animals from other branches, and assist with other transport needs. Where applicable, transportation to and from local veterinary clinics may occur. By assisting us with transporting animals, we are able to assist other branches and help more animals find their forever homes. Your own vehicle will be used to transport and must be clean, safe and secure for the benefit of the animals transported.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Preparing animals for transport, loading animals, ensuring animals are delivered in a safe & timely fashion and returning animals to the Branch.
-19 or older
-Valid drivers license
-Completed information session, CatSense and DogSense training
-Criminal Record Check
-Drivers Abstract (with no more than one traffic violations & no impaireds, 215's or suspensions)
- Age range Must be at least 16-18 years of age
- CatSense Workshop Must be at least Completed
- Criminal Record Check Must be at least Completed
- DogSense Workshop Must be at least Completed
- ICBC Driver's Abstract Must be at least Completed
- Information Session (or Volunteer Orientation) Must be at least Completed
- Interview Must be Completed