Humane Education - Classroom Presenter
Seeking volunteers for classroom presentations
Are you passionate about sharing messages of kindness and empathy towards animals with children? Do you have experience working with kids? The BC SPCA Humane Education Department is seeking 2-3 experienced volunteers to visit local elementary schools and deliver presentations on topics such as staying safe around animals and respecting all animals through acts of kindness.
- Volunteers must be available a minimum of one day per week Mon-Fri during school hours (8:30 am to 2:30 pm).
- Experience working with children is required and an enthusiasm for sharing humane education with younger generations is a must!
- If you have a therapy certified dog or other suitable animal they can also be involved in the presentation, however an animal is not a requirement.
- Training and ongoing support from the Humane Education department will be provided.
How to apply:
- Submit a volunteer application to the branch
- Email Stephenie Campbell (Regional Humane Educator, Kootenay Region) at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about the BC SPCA's humane education programs.
- Age range Must be at least 19 years of age or older
- Criminal Record Check Must be at least Completed
- Information Session (or Volunteer Orientation) Must be at least Completed
This activity generally occurs on
- Monday - Morning, Afternoon
- Tuesday - Morning, Afternoon
- Wednesday - Morning, Afternoon
- Thursday - Morning, Afternoon
- Friday - Morning, Afternoon