Animal Welfare - Cat & Shelter Care (Mornings)
Join our Shelter Care Team!
We are currently looking for new volunteers to join our active team of Shelter Care Volunteers.
This essential volunteer position provides care, love, exercise and wellness to homeless cats that temporarily reside at our shelters. We are looking for volunteers that have an eye for detail, are calm and responsible, and commit to a regular weekly 2 hour shift
You must be 19+ to serve in this position.
- Provide care by feeding, cleaning, and assessing our in-care cats and kittens
- Adhere to cleaning and disinfecting protocols to maintain the highest standard for our guests.
- Providing affection, exercise, metal stimulation and positive physical contact
- Provide relief from emotional distress often seen in shelter cats
- Cleaning dishes and litter boxes
- Administration of medications may be necessary. Training is provided.
- Providing cats with nutritional essentials
- Setting up and cleaning cat cages and communal rooms
- Providing assessment of the Five Freedoms on each animal you care for using our communication tools.
- Logging volunteer hours at www.myvolunteerpage.com
- Age range Must be at least 16-18 years of age
- Information Session (or Volunteer Orientation) Must be at least Completed
- Interview Must be Completed
The next 10 shifts (out of 133 total shifts) for this activity are as follows
|Date||Start Time||End Time|
|Wednesday, August 21, 2019||9:00 AM||11:00 AM|
|Thursday, August 22, 2019||9:00 AM||11:00 AM|
|Friday, August 23, 2019||9:00 AM||11:00 AM|
|Saturday, August 24, 2019||9:00 AM||11:00 AM|
|Sunday, August 25, 2019||9:00 AM||11:00 AM|
|Monday, August 26, 2019||9:00 AM||11:00 AM|
|Tuesday, August 27, 2019||9:00 AM||11:00 AM|
|Wednesday, August 28, 2019||9:00 AM||11:00 AM|
|Thursday, August 29, 2019||9:00 AM||11:00 AM|
|Friday, August 30, 2019||9:00 AM||11:00 AM|