Committees - Fundraising Committee Member
Calling all event planners...we need you!!!
Do you enjoy event planning and have a passion for animal welfare? Join our fundraising committee! Members work as a team and meet regularly to organize fundraising events for the BC SPCA Squamish Branch such as Whiskers & Wine and Paws for a Cause. This volunteer opportunity is ideal for individuals looking to make a more substantial volunteer commitment and who wish to enhance or share existing expertise in event or project coordination and leadership.
Skills and experience required:
- exceptional leadership skills
- strong organizational & communication skills
- ability to work as a team and share ideas and also work independently on tasks assigned outside of monthly meetings
- event planning experience would be an asset but not mandatory
All Committee members are required to:
- Attend regular committee meetings;
- Ensure that all pre-event, event and post-event duties are complete as outlined in your position description;
- Help promote the event - drop off marketing materials throughout your community;
- Ask for in-kind donations – ie. Prizing/Silent Auction items.
- Sell tickets to the event.
- Age range Must be at least 16-18 years of age