Community Council - Community Council Member
Welcome to the Community Council!
The Community Council is a local Volunteer Council that assists and advises the Branch Manager on important issues surrounding the community and the BCSPCA. The Community Council is involved in financial statements and budgets, Advocacy, Membership, Humane Education, Fundraising and Volunteer Resources and Recruitment. The Council is made up of a Chair, Vice-Chair, Secretary and up to 7 other supporting members.
You will receive regular communications with the Branch Manager, Secretary, Council Chair and a provincial e-bulletin. You will be part of a team and may be asked to head or assist with different committee's within the Community Council.
The time commitment for the role may vary from month to month and many be demanding on your time depending the upcoming events.
- Great organizational skills
- Good communicative skills
- Proficient in email communication and Microsoft office
- Time management skills
- Past committee experience would be beneficial
- Good working knowledge of BCSPCA policies and procedures
- Experience with working with volunteers
- Be great independently and working as a team
If you have these qualities we are looking for you!
- Age range Must be at least 16-18 years of age
- Criminal Record Check Must be at least Completed
- Information Session (or Volunteer Orientation) Must be at least Completed
- Interview Must be Completed