Nexus Conference - Virtual Networking Hosts
The Virtual Networking Hosts are integral members of the APEGA Nexus Conference team.
Each of the Nexus Conference's networking rooms will be centered around a specific theme (e.g. entrepreneurship, women in engineering) and sectors (e.g., energy, mining and metals). Our hosts are individuals who want to help our conference attendees build connections with each other. They are able to break the ice, start the discussion and then let others take it away. Specifically, the hosts will:
- Set the tone by welcoming participants to the discussion.
- ‘Work the room’ - monitoring the overall interactions taking place, and gently encouraging those present to chat with each other.
- Keep things flowing – they are willing to ask or answer a question here or there if things get quiet. If the group is big and some people are not getting a chance to be heard, they will let attendees know that they can go any of the breakout rooms if they wish to have more targeted or private conversations.
All volunteers will be provided with an orientation session, resources (such as a tip sheet and conversation starters), as well as access to an APEGA contact for support.
Total Time Commitment: 3 - 4 Hours
Benefits of Volunteering:
- Free conference admission
- Participation can be used towards CPD requirements
- Opportunity to participate in the conference and support APEGA members with a short, but meaningful contribution of time/effort
- Make new connections, grow their own network
Deadline to Apply: May 21st
This activity has the following schedule
|Date||Start Time||End Time|
|Wednesday, June 09, 2021||12:00 PM||1:00 PM|
|Wednesday, June 09, 2021||4:15 PM||5:15 PM|
|Thursday, June 10, 2021||12:00 PM||1:00 PM|
|Thursday, June 10, 2021||4:15 PM||5:15 PM|