Safety Codes Council - SCC Pressure Equipment Sub-Council Representative
APEGA seeks a professional member to serve as a representative on the Pressure Equipment Sub-Council of the SCC. This volunteer will provide the Safety Codes Council (SCC) Pressure Equipment Sub-Council with the perspective of an APEGA Professional Member who is conversant and active in working with pressure equipment and associated pressure codes. Additionally, the APEGA Professional Member will provide formalized continuous feedback loop between APEGA and the Safety Codes Pressure Equipment Sub-Council.
What we do
- Serve as a conduit of information between the SCC and APEGA.
- Attend 7-8 meetings annually. These virtual meetings are typically 1-3 hours in length.
- Represent APEGA’s membership and their interests at a high standard with a focus on public safety
- Ensure that the SCC Pressure Equipment Sub-Council fully understands the provisions of the EGP Act regarding the engineering and geoscience professions.
What we’re looking for
- Significant industry experience with expertise in
- Pressure Vessel and Heat Exchangers Design to Section VIII Div1 & Div2
- Process and Pressure piping Design to ASME B31.1 and B31.1
- Welding Procedures to ASME Section
- Licensed with APEGA as a P. Eng.
Please Note: This opportunity will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
- How many years of experience do you have as a Professional Member? Must be at least 6-10 Years
- What is your professional designation? Must be at least P.Eng.
This activity has the following schedule
|Date||Start Time||End Time|
|Thursday, December 31, 2020||12:00 AM||12:01 AM|