Virtual Rock & Fossil Clinic - Virtual Rock & Fossil Clinic Presenter
The APEGA K-12 Outreach Team is looking for enthusiastic volunteers who are passionate about geoscience and willing to share their expertise with the next generation of geoscientists! Volunteers will be responsible for delivering a short presentation and hands-on activity related to a specific geoscience topic. Presentations will be delivered in real-time through a video-conferencing platform. Volunteers will also have an opportunity to showcase samples from their personal collections, if interested. Successful applicants can be located anywhere in the province.
- Practicing or retired professional member, G.I.T, university student, or applicant in Geoscience, or a geological branch of Engineering.
- Pride in the professions of Geoscience and Engineering.
- Willingness to share your knowledge and experience with the public.
- Comfortable in discussing the basics of various aspects of geoscience with individuals and families.
- Interest in promoting geoscience and related careers.
- Personal device (laptop or smartphone) with video conferencing capability. (i.e. webcam and microphone)
- Read and understand all provided documents in advance of the event.
- Deliver a short presentation from a selected list of topics
- Speak informally with attendees about geoscience and the careers of geoscientists.
- Showcase interesting or exciting samples from personal collections for attendees to view, if interested.
- Promote a love of geoscience to students (Grades 1-12) and their parents.
- Show the fun side of geoscience, as well as the practical applications.
- Make an important contribution to a fun and rewarding experience for students, individuals, and families
- Do you have a personal device (laptop or smartphone) with video conferencing capability that you are willing to use for this opportunity? Must be Yes