Community & Environmental Events - Event Assistant
Help families make memorable moments in our parks! Volunteer as a Park Events Assistant - meet new people, improve your communication skills, and gain event experience!
Description of Responsibilities*:
- Assist with event set up and take down
- Engage people of all ages in crafts, games, sports
- Assist vendors with their activities
- Dress up as a mascot to greet visitors
*Responsibilities will vary depending on the event
Skills and Qualities Required:
- 14 years or older
- Ability to take initiative and direction as required
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Ability to interact with the public in a friendly, professional manner
- Shifts vary from 4-8 hours long. Once you have completed all the steps, you will be notified by email about upcoming event assistant opportunities.
Volunteers are an integral part of an event's success and are expected to show up for shifts once signed up. Any cancellations must be communicated to staff at least 48 hours before the event.
How to start:
1. Submit 2 References
2. Attend a new volunteer interview session
3. Complete a Police Information Check
4. Once accepted, you will receive emails on upcoming opportunities. Sign up for the opportunities that interest you and work with your schedule!
This activity generally occurs on
- Monday - All Day
- Tuesday - All Day
- Wednesday - All Day
- Thursday - All Day
- Friday - All Day
- Saturday - All Day
- Sunday - All Day
Established in 1986, Partners in Parks connects residents to their park spaces and provides valuable volunteer experiences.