Park Care - Litter picking (Year-round)
Show that you Love Where You Live by helping to pick up litter in your local park.
Description of Responsibilities:
• Remove litter from your local park space, at least once a week
• Pick up supply and equipment from the Surrey Operations Centre, 6651 148 st
• Dispose collected garbage in park garbage bin or your household waste collection
• Report in broken park structures, hazardous waste, dumpings, and other park abnormal activities
• Log volunteer hours through your account*
Skills and Qualities Required:
• At least 14 years or older; or volunteer under adult supervision.
• Flexible to your schedule (you get to decide when you will go out)
Self log volunteer hours under "Hours Log" in your myvolunteerpage.com account.
*Due to the independent nature of this volunteer role, staff are unable to sign off on hours or provide a reference letter for litter picking.
This activity generally occurs on
- Monday - All Day
- Tuesday - All Day
- Wednesday - All Day
- Thursday - All Day
- Friday - All Day
- Saturday - All Day
- Sunday - All Day
Established in 1986, Partners in Parks connects residents to their park spaces and provides valuable volunteer experiences.