Surrey Youth Stewardship Squad (SYSS) (Ages 13-17) - - SYSS Member
* WE ARE RECRUITING! * Sign up below to indicate your interest.
For high-school youth aged 13-17.
The Surrey Youth Stewardship Squad (SYSS) combines youth environmental stewardship and leadership in Surrey's unique urban forest. SYSS is involved in habitat restoration, community events, and raising environmental awareness in the community.
- Removing invasive plants
- Planting native trees and shrubs
- Planning environmental projects to help teach people about the urban forest
- Helping wildlife
- Gain leadership and professional skills in a supportive team environment
- Get outdoor field experience
- Plan and design environmental activities
- Earn volunteer hours, improve your resume, and a personalized letter of reference
- Meet other youth like you!
- 13 – 17 years old (in high school)
- Comfortable working outdoors in all weather conditions
Time Commitment: 1-5 hours for each event – come to any event that you want
Location: Various parks in Surrey
- If you are new to MyVolunteerPage: click "Fill in an application" on the right hand side
- If you have a MyVolunteerPage profile already: log-in and click Sign Up below
Questions? Contact Lauren at email@example.com or 604.590.7242.
This activity generally occurs on
- Monday Evening
- Tuesday Evening
- Wednesday Evening
- Thursday Evening
- Friday Evening
- Saturday - Morning, Afternoon
- Sunday - Morning, Afternoon