Surrey Art Gallery Events - About
- Assist staff and co-volunteers in hosting Gallery events
- Engage and welcome visitors to the Surrey Art Gallery
- Assist visitors with information and directions
- Communicate with gallery staff if issues arise or in the case of an emergency
- Provide feedback by completing a program evaluation
- Understand and follow Surrey Art Gallery guidelines
- Communicate effectively with staff, co-volunteers, and the Volunteer Coordinator
• A passion for art
- Throughout the Volunteer Shift, while working with the event staff supervisor
- Gain experience working with the public
- Be involved in a vital community – make a real contribution to the arts
- Meet people and make new friends
- Receive a letter of reference if requested
- Get a 10% discount at the SAGA Gift Shop
- Contact Chris Dawson-Murphy, Volunteer Coordinator: 604-501-5198 |firstname.lastname@example.org
About Surrey Art Gallery
Do you find art captivating? Why not try something new! Volunteering at Surrey Art Gallery is a great way to have fun, learn about art, and make friends in the process.
Join a dynamic community of volunteers dedicated to enriching art education for children! Surrey Art Gallery Docents lead engaging tours of contemporary art exhibitions from September to June. Participants take part in ongoing training with curators, artist-educators, and artists.
Interact with artists and engage Gallery visitors with contemporary art and ideas. Help out at vibrant events like exhibition openings and artist talks or facilitate art activities at Family Sundays and festivals where families explore, enjoy, and create art together.
Share your passion for art with eager young minds! Help out with children's art classes and week-long art day camps as a CAPA where you'll develop leadership skills, organize studios, work with children, and assist the instructor.
Discover contemporary art and ideas, develop public speaking skills, and gain leadership experience. Become a Youth Docent and enhance exhibitions through activities that are equal parts fun and educational.
Do you have training as a library technician or librarian? We could use your help and expertise with accessioning and cataloguing in the Gallery's research collection.
How to Apply:
- Complete an online profile for the Surrey Art Gallery at app.betterimpact.com
- Upload 2 written references to your online profile
- Once you've uploaded your references, arrange for an interview with our Volunteer Program Coordinator: email@example.com
- After the interview, you may be asked to provide a Police Information Check. Should this be the case, we will provide you with the forms you will need to complete and have processed by the RCMP.
Thanks for your interest in volunteering at the Gallery!