Nature Preschool Assistant (16+) - - Nature Preschool Assistant (16+)
*** We are not recruiting at this time. Please sign up for this activity if you would like to be contacted at a future date. ***
Gain experience working with kids, encouraging child-led play and learning, and increase your nature knowledge!
Nature Preschool runs at the Surrey Nature Centre on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday mornings. Two teachers and up to 16 preschoolers explore, play, and learn outside in the park for three hours during each class, rain or shine.
As a volunteer, your role will be to support the teachers by engaging and playing with the participants, keeping the group together, scanning for hazards, and helping to maintain program materials and spaces.
What’s in it for you?
- Gain experience working with preschool aged children in outdoor education
- Gain leadership and professional skills
- Spend time outdoors and learn more about nature
- Earn volunteer hours and a personalized letter of reference on request
- 16+ years old
- Successful completion of application process (see below)
- Comfortable interacting with children and a team of staff and volunteers
- Approachable, friendly, and professional
- Ability to take initiative and direction as required
- Volunteers must commit to a regular weekly shift (1 or 2 mornings /week)
- Each shift is 3.5 - 4 hours long
- Volunteers must sign up for a complete season (Sept - Dec, Jan - Mar, or Apr - June)
- Volunteers will be required to attend a brief orientation before or during their first shift.
Surrey Nature Centre (14225 Green Timbers Way)
Successful completion of:
- 2 reference forms
- Police Information Check (free for volunteers)
Please contact Amelia at 604-502-6067 or firstname.lastname@example.org for questions regarding volunteering with Nature Preschool.
This activity generally occurs on
- Monday Morning
- Wednesday Morning
- Friday Morning